In Today’s world, the success of an organization is directly linked to the quality of customer service it provides. The only way to do customer-centricity right is to offer customers the right information. Knowledge management is considered as one of the most important pillar of customer service that helps organization give their customers the right data at the right time to solve their problems.
As Bob Stutz mentioned in his blog post, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 comes with a new knowledge management solution. With this new solution, you can quickly turn customer feedback and issues into knowledge articles. Content authoring and update of knowledge articles is enabled in the interactive service hub. Here are the main features that come with the Knowledge Management offering in CRM 2016 release:
- Rich Content authoring – Knowledge management comes with a rich text editor that makes content authoring simple. It also allows advanced features like paste from word, and supports editing the source\HTML code.
- Embedded images and Videos –You can now embed videos and images to the knowledge articles. Videos and images help in describing things better.
- Versioning – You can now create versions of a knowledge article. It is possible to create major and minor version. This allows Knowledge manager to publish earlier versions and simultaneously have the authors work on the new (current) versions.
- Translation – Knowledge articles supports translating a knowledge article in ~164 languages. It also maintains a link among all translations of an article. Please note that there is no out of box actual content translation that happens with Knowledge article. CRM just marks the article for translation so the knowledge manager can pick all the articles that need to be translated and pass it on to the translation vendors.
- Knowledge Management dashboards – There are out of box interactive dashboards for Knowledge Manager (new roles introduced) and Knowledge Author. They provide quick glimpse of knowledge authoring stages.
View article here.